Thursday, June 05, 2014

Good finds :)

I was en route home from work yesterday when I decided to checkout the Japan surplus shop I passed by during the weekend. the reason? I saw a bogu displayed outside! O_O

So from my usual ride home, I alighted somewhere before SM Southmall and luckily, the place wasn't hard to find. (It was along the main road.) I approached the store and lo and behold at the entrance, the BOGU. :D


It looked like it was in fairly good condition, the indigo still quite bright and hasn't faded. It seems that the precious owner only sold it because it has been grown out of. The Men looks well, including a sturdy and intact Mengane.The chichikawas for the Do and Men weren't frayed as well. The inside of the Do mune had some fraying and wearing, but not too much. The Tare was also in good condition. 

So what prevented me from getting it? Well, one, it's KIDDIE SIZED. (So there goes my thoughts of wearing it. Haha.) Second, one of the Kote is missing. (It has the Zekken though.)


The Zekken is good quality as well with the name made using stitched leather. (Nice.) The Kote is also in good condition; no fading, minimal fraying, intact Tenouchi. 

While I can't actually use this as my own armor, it occurred to me that I can actually have use for this as a dummy for my practice at home. With a little work and creativity I'll have a tool to help my training. :) I was just contemplating if the price is worth it just to construct a dummy. The floor price for the whole set is Php2,200.00; not bad, but I think I'll try to haggle more. LOL

Not to dwell on the Bogu, I went around the place. I found interesting pieces that catered to my interests and fancy. Beautiful dolls, teacups (yay!), display items, electronics (I found a VOX amplifier! :D) and a lot of furniture. With all the neat things I found, I actually just ended up getting two of these:


They're simple, yet lovely. The blue one's a little worn on some edges, but both are still in very good condition. And yes I think I'll use them sometime. :D

I know I'll be back to check the place out and probably others like it. There's actually one back in Marikina that I've been meaning to checkout as well. :D

Darn, I think this is the start of a picking hobby. :))


No comments: